My 13 month old still isnt sleeping through the night....

He normally goes to bed around 8:30 or 9. (Ive tried waiting until later and that didnt work) He will wake up once around 2:30-3 and I give him some milk and put him back to bed, then hes up before 6. Its like an internal clock. Ive tried letting him cry it out, feeding him right before bed, staying up later.... My older son had no problem sleeping through the night!
Advice please!! :)

thatgrlkels

Asked by thatgrlkels at 4:24 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was over 2. It will stop eventually. Try giving him a bottle of water instead. I tried it with my son, but he liked the water. But it does make things much easier for you. That way before you go to sleep you can have the bottle ready to go. No refrigeration needed.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:28 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I say wait it out. and he'll be 10 before you know it. I"m sorry I don't have better advice. But I've been there and have been going through it now so I know how you feel.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 4:30 PM on May. 19, 2011

• my 14 month old is the exact same way. I think I am going to have to stop giving her milk at night. I know I will be in for a rough few nights but she needs to learn to sleep without it. Thats really all I can suggest to you sorry.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 4:37 PM on May. 19, 2011

• They sometimes don't outgrow that one or two time wake until 3 or so. Hang in there. When they get older, it is usually just a peek in and, "Sweetie, lay down and go back to sleep."

It gets better. :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:42 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My son will be 2 in July and still wakes up in the middle of the night. They will eventually outgrow it :) I hope with my next lil bean I will have more luck lol! Hang in there! Before you know it he will be a teen and sleep allthe time!
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 6:27 PM on May. 19, 2011