Tell me your accidental conception stories

blank stareFor lack of a better work I use accidental.  Me and dh were camping last summer with the kids.  I had forgotten my pill at home and figured we'd be ok.  It was a spur of the moment kind of thing and you must know with kids you take it when you can get it! lol

I was going under the assumption that it takes one month to a year to conceive after going off of birth control. So for one week and one time we took a chance.  Well I now have a beautiful baby boy, rounded out our family quite nicely, 2 boys, 2 girls. We found out too because I wanted to change pills because I didn't like the way the one was making me feel and the Dr always does a pregnancy test between birth controls.  So I get the call from the nurse, Amanda your test came back positive.  I'm sorry what, positive for what?! You're going to have a baby dear.  Oh crap!!! But it was so early in my pregnancy the nurse actually told me I had either miscarried or was very early in my pregnancy.  I went from not wanting anymore babies to praying that I hadn't lost one. 

How did you accidentally conceive?  How did you find out?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 4:31 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am allergic to Hormonal BC. We used natural planning in combination with condoms and sponges... And I still got pregnant with number 3. The first one was a shock because my DH had been told he couldn't have kids. Number 2 was through a condom.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:39 PM on May. 19, 2011

• We got freaky!! No we are not sure exactly when or where. We just know birth control failed and we now have a gorgeous addition to our family!!
    Anonymous

• Not accidental...surprise!!!! hahaha ok it was an accident but don't tell my oldest. I was 20 and the doc forgot to tell me to use something with the pill while he perscribed antibiotics. Welcome to parenthood.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:34 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Diaphragm + Ambien = daughter born in June 2001.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:34 PM on May. 19, 2011