How do i get rid of my cold sore...FAST?

i just got my cold sore about three days ago and it spread to a whole section on my lip. but my end of the year dance is on Monday and i CANT have it there still. that leaves about four days to get rid of it... what can i do????

peacewhatup

Asked by peacewhatup at 4:32 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

• I hear Lysine works or Abreva works pretty well. You could also try to get a prescription for acyclovir or valtrex for the next breakout. They usually stop it before they get a chance to blister.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:33 PM on May. 19, 2011

• do you need to be a certain age in order to use those prescriptions?
    peacewhatup

Comment by peacewhatup (original poster) at 4:35 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Try Lysine. Also, take a lot of vitamin C (it's a natural anti-viral). 1,000 mg. every 1/2 hour until you reach bowel saturation (loose stools). It's water-soluble so you can't OD on it; whatever your body doesn't use just gets flushed out. Also, you can make a paste out of vitamin C powder and spread on the cold sore(s) but if they've opened/cracked already, that would be painful. I start vitamin C the minute I feel that little tingle and the cold sore never develops; truly a miracle cure for me since I suffered for years every time I got one because nothing else worked.
    Anonymous

• I've heard that Abreva works great...good luck!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 8:46 PM on May. 20, 2011