how do you handle a friend telling you they have more feelings then friendship

ok i have a friend that just informed me that he is inlove with me- and he is a very good friend of mine. i dont want to loose the friendship and he says he doesnt either, but i have a boyfriend that i have been with for the last 9 years and have no plan on leaving. anyway he said that he will never step on my relationship- but i still know how he feels and sometimes it seems weird

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• Relax.
    He knows how you feel and said he will never step on your relationship, Trust Him! Don't give up his friendship just because you know how he feels about you. You both have a understanding. Let it go and move on. Don't chance anything, or he will pick it up and feel ackward. Might even end your good friendship you had due to it being ackward. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Ok so I have had this happen to me in the past with a very good friend from highschool. He always carried this thing for me.. I didn't really know it until my early thirties.. I had to be honest with him.. I just didn't feel the same.. he was more like a brother to me. He always had girlfriends but never married. His latest girlfriend, has refuse him to talk to me cause she is aware of his feelings for me. Fortunately for me I would never be with him in that manner, but it is ashame that I have lost the friendship anyway... I would say that eventually the friendship would be lost no matter what, cause the feelings just don't go away... they only get in the way... sorry not much help I know...
    BreakingFree

Answer by BreakingFree at 10:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2008