Job possible

I work a couple jobs,one job is when my boss finds work,I clean new homes,apartments,schools,anything and everything,then on mondays and thursday I clean a house I get 10 hours out of that. This other job is 20 minutes away at $8 an hour and a raise after 90 days. They don't guarantee hours the shift is 7-12,but I have to be their by six because they lock down the building. They said I could work as long 5 or less than 3 hours. If I only work two hours a night I'm wasting gas going to the job. If I get 5 hours then you can see it's worth going! Five hours would be $400 every two weeks. Or if I only work Two hours then it would be $160 =[ I'm not sure if I should take it I need 5 hours period. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• Wow...that doesnt sound very good. I hate when companies promise more hours than they are willing to give :-( Maybe you should look for something else??....I dont know if you are interested but I am a consultant with Tastefully Simple and I too only work 2 hours a night...don't drive far, I have a max I will drive, and I average $100-$200 per night. Are you interested at all in a direct sales job like that?? I would be more than happy to share. Besides, the car, gas and time you spend is all tax deductible when you do something like this.

Hope it works out for you...
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 5:02 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I'd love to but I'm not a people person,and I have lousy sales experience.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:05 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Just tell your potential employer you can't do it if there is no guarantee of a certain number of hours.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:22 PM on May. 19, 2011

• do what you need to do if it isn't worth it and you are paying more out in gas then don't do it but I would look for something where I would be guaranteed a certain amount of hours if needed
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:46 AM on May. 20, 2011