Ideas to make stars INDOORS?

okay, so without running to the store to buy glow in the dark stars, is there a creative way to create stars (that light up) indoors? Temporary stars indoors I should say lol.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 5:17 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If you have a table lamp, you could cut stars into the lamp shade. Cover the top and bottom openings with construction paper and do the same.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:20 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I think that could work if constructed right. Do you have any silver glitter at home? I was thinking make a few sliver glitter stars to reflect some light as well, just to add to the effect maybe? I'm just thinking out loud here lol
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:29 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Take a flashlight (if it can stand up on its own that would be best) then construct a cone to go over the light & cover the top of the cone. Put holes all over the paper used to construct the cone & turn on the light then stars will appear!

Thats all I've got for right now!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 6:02 PM on May. 19, 2011

• well they have this new glow in the dark chalk, try using that
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:18 PM on May. 19, 2011

• The have glow in the dark paint you can't see it during the day but at night glows, Also I love this, we have a turtle that lights up the whole room with start and you can change the colors to blue, green, and orange. I goes off after like 40 mins and even has a moon. I think you can get them at walmart or k mart my MIL order mine for my baby shower in some book.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 5:21 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I was thinking of doing that with lots of paper taped together then hung down from the ceiling so it's over the ceiling fan light.. (but not near or touching it).
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 5:22 PM on May. 19, 2011

• yeah.. about the paint and chalk.. the whole point is not having to go to the store to buy anything for it, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

• lol yes we have silver glitter, that will probably work.. i actually used a sheet to cover the back half to shadow it off (and so less paper was needed lol. ) then put the paper up.. and dimmed the light slightly for more of a glow.. now to wait for it to get dark to see how it looks :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 5:53 PM on May. 19, 2011

• mel30248 thats a great idea too :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 6:04 PM on May. 19, 2011