How do I get my daughter to stop playing in her poop?!? adult content

I really need help! My oldest son did it but only for like a month then he stopped and not as bad as her. I know this is probably something you all don't want to read but it's just to let you know how bad it is. Now when she does it she doesn't take off her pull ups. She reaches into it from the back and pulls it out. She wipes it on the walls and into the carpets and bed. The plays with all the door knobs and light switches after. She tries to put it into the heat vent on the floor. And the worse part... she sticks it in her nose and ears and eats it! Gross right! I am so frusterated... I have no idea what to do. I have to literally clean everything in her room everyday. And the only time she does this is at nap time. I've tried keeping her door open for nap time but she won't nap with it open. I've been randomly checking on her for naptime but she still does it. I've tried time out and not letting her play after. I just don't know what to do.... PLEASE HELP ME!

AshleyBolton89

Asked by AshleyBolton89 at 5:30 PM on May. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ok... I've never had to deal with this so its only a suggestion from someone else I know, put her only in one peice outfits so she literally can't get AT the poop - even Pj's - zip up front ones, cut the feet off and turn them backwards so she can't get at the zipper. duct tape the shirt on to the shorts/pants so she can't reach in there and when you are doing it, tell her why - I am sure you've tried "reasoning" but at this point, its becoming a health issue /concern.. I'm so sorry mama..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:33 PM on May. 19, 2011

• have to tried changing her naptime to be a bit later so she might go before bed> or letting her play in her bed while you sit in there with her for a bit?
    Anonymous

• WOW... hmmm
    avonbuyorsell

Answer by avonbuyorsell at 5:48 PM on May. 19, 2011

• give her a nice warm bath before naptime to get her to poop before the nap.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 5:49 PM on May. 19, 2011

• make sure you add a drop or two of lavender essential oil to make it an extra relaxing bath. Then all you have to do is scoop the poop outta there . . . cleaning her up will be much easier since she's already in the tub.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 5:51 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Adjust her sleep times so that she poops before you put her to bed. Also dress her in clothing she cannot remove so she doesn't have access to the poop. A sleeper with the feet cut off worn backwards works for most toddlers. A diaper pin at the top of the zipper does the trick for an expert escape artist. If neither of those things work, don't leave her alone until after she falls asleep and use a monitor to make sure you get to her quickly when she wakes up.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 6:01 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Great Ideas! Thank you everyone. I'm going to try today and hopefully we can figure it out :)
    AshleyBolton89

Comment by AshleyBolton89 (original poster) at 2:04 PM on May. 20, 2011