Getting ready to ttc

So here is the story: My SO and I had planned to wait until our 3 month old was four before we started to try for one last baby. But after I gave birth to my son I found out that I had cin3 (one step from cervical cancer) My OB told me I am ok now but not to wait 4 years to get pregnant because I should have my uterus removed as soon as possible to be safe. I go back in October for another pap to see if I am still in the clear. So we (SO and I) decided to start ttc next spring. I know that before I do start trying I have some things to work on to get healthier for a new pregnancy. Like stop smoking, taking prenatal vitamins, and working on staying at a healthy weight (before I got pregnant I was 89 pounds. I have very high metabolism so its hard to keep on weight) My question would (since Mason was unplanned I have no clue about this) be what other things should I do to get in the right healthy position before trying? What things did you guys do?

angelmine2011

Asked by angelmine2011 at 5:32 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Sorry I can't help my kids were all surprises
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 10:10 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Sounds like you already know what to do as far as getting your body ready. Don't forget about one of the most important areas: stress. Stress can do all sorts of things to ruin your chances of conception. Do whatever you can to get rid of it (easier said than done, I know).

cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 3:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2011