Do you ever find yourself saying "my" instead of "ours" when it comes to your property or kids?

I am trying to be more aware of it, but I say "my daughters" or "my bedroom" or "my house"...things like that, all the time. He did have a small role in this. LOL

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:35 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yeah I say it all the time. If i'm on the phone with him and the kids come in the bedroom I will tell them to get out of MY room even thought clearly he shares it. I only call the kids MY kids if I am angry
    Anonymous

• Yes, often when referring to my/our children . Sometimes I am able to catch it in time and say 'our'. instead of my .

I don't feel bad about it though.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 5:39 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I do it all the time, not intentional. Sometimes, he will say excuse me, yours??? He is just teasing, he knows my mind does not always function well!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 5:42 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I've caught myself saying it. For a long time I felt bad about it. Then I realized why I was doing it. I'm the one who takes care of our kids and the house 99.9% of the time. I know it bothers him so I try to change it and say ours but I don't always catch myself.
    Anonymous

• All the time...I think it hurts my husbands feelings though because my daughter isnt biologically his...although he's been there for us since she was 8 months old and he is literally the only daddy she knows...and she calls him daddy....so the few times I've said "my" daughter, instead of "our" daughter I've seen this hurt look on his face...I've really been trying to work on that.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:45 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I sometimes slip and say that, but if my husband ever hears me, he will always correct me. It's a really sensitive issue with him, so I try to not do it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:45 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes, I try to correct it each time but sometimes it slips
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:50 PM on May. 19, 2011

• When talking to him directly, no. When I talk to others sometimes I will say "my" whatever instead of "ours" unless of course my husband in included in the conversation.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:55 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes, constantly! And I get quite an earful about it from dh... then he does it too! LOL I'm trying to be aware of it as well, but it seems I only think about it AFTER I've said it! LOL
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 6:35 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:04 PM on May. 19, 2011