Theory on Colic.....

Ok, my DD1 didnt have colic, and as a toddler she has a pretty high pain tolerance. I was thinking, As a kid, you have growing pains. Well, in your infancy you grow more (in percentage) than in any other time in your life. What if thats what colic is? Growing pains in low pain tolerance babies? (just a thought lol) What do you think?

shortycmlb

Asked by shortycmlb at 5:36 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't buy it. Our oldest had colic really bad. He's 41 now and has an unbelievable tolerance for pain. I think it has more to do with the inability to digest or a lack of digestive enzymes.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:42 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Have you had a child with Colic?
    My son was colic for 6 months. Terrible Colic -and was fussy inbetween colic episodes. He DOES Suffer from growing pains, as I did, as my mother did. He's only 3-1/2 but complains and has since he could, that his knee's, elbows, shoulders hurt etc. He can also has lactose issues, food allergies, constipation issues which require fiber intake monitoring, he has a VERY Low tolerance for pain.. "sometimes" most times he will be upset over a hangnail or the smallest bonk.. his growing pains however are in spurts, like growth spurts in babies are supposed to go through - I think you could be on to something but.. not quite there - I've read and researched and tried my darndest to find similarities between colic children, I think I'm on to something and then I'm dead wrong in too many areas to finding similarities - I hope you find the cause/cure for the heartbroken mothers out there
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:43 PM on May. 19, 2011