I know we're all so big and bad but.....

Be honest...have you ever let a CM post piss you off?

I know, I know...these people shouldnt matter, they are just random, anonymous people hiding behind a computer screen yadda, yadda, yadda...but the thing is...I've made some friends on here..people who's opinions I value and who I look forward to talking to...so if I take the stance that everyone on CM is just some random person whose words shouldnt effect me, then wouldnt that apply to the people that I've befriended also?

I have to admit that I'm not good at the whole "your just some random anon who happens to have a screen name" thing...so sometimes people's idiotic, trollish questions, and rude, snarky answers piss me off

Am I the only one????

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 5:42 PM on May. 19, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Nope. I USE ALL CAPS TO CURSE THEM OUT AND LET THEM KNOW I CAN BE AN ASSHOLE TOO lol
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 5:45 PM on May. 19, 2011

• There's been a time or two when I just wanted to reach through the screen and slap another CMer, but someone inadvertently left that button off my keyboard. lol Most of the time though, I realize that the other person is probably getting ticked off too, so I end up laughing at the situation and trying to make light of it, which pisses the other person off, but oh well. It IS just the internet, and I do try to keep that in mind. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:03 PM on May. 19, 2011

• oh yes..lots of times. and i've started to bite back.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:42 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes. there have been a few comments or posts that have really hit that Nerve or that part in my heart where I can't let it go for days..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:44 PM on May. 19, 2011

• There has been a couple times when when something bugged the hell out of me
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:50 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes. A few different posts over the years. I think the first one was when someone told me I wasn't a true Christian because of my stance on a few different political points. She went on and on, then took it to another post that I wasn't even in. Another time, someone made me really angry when she started bashing my DH and the "fact" that he was a "pussy" because he was in the Navy. She even implied in a PM that he'd joined the Navy vs. the Army because he was afraid of danger. She also tried to tell me that ALL Navy members were on ships. lol.

I eventually get over it, but I'm human - I get upset.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 6:32 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I do let some answers piss me off. But there isn't anything I can do about it so I just tell myself: text on a page. My life doesn't change because someone wasn't 'nice' to me on this social network. Some cmmers are just nasty mean rude snarky people who have no life other than being mean nasty rude snarky people hiding behind a screen name.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:03 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I doubt you're the only one. I asked a question about Your Baby Can Read. I had shown my excitement about learning to read and how i thought it could be beneficial but I also know there are skeptics so I wanted a more broad view of it. I did feel there was one or two posts that implied I was a lazy parent, and it upset me because in the back of my mind, I feel guilty for being away from home so much to go to work. Btw, we never did figure out who down voted your name lol
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:47 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I am waiting for the liar to come out and say she never gets mad. Whether they all admit it or not, we are human and have emotions. Being behind the screen makes it easy to hide, troll, or be an overalll bitch. But every woman has felt emotions at one post or another. I think that is why they troll or bitch...
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 5:50 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Sure, there is one person in particular that has been around a lot in the past 6 months or so and she has kinda spoiled my love of this site. I realize she is just a bitch, but stopped posting as much because I just don't need the drama.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:53 PM on May. 19, 2011