Any good tips to loss weight while breastfeeding?

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 5:50 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

• You have to be careful about limiting caloric intake while BF. I always try to up my activity level. Make sure the calories you take in are from healthy foods like fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats. I love to eat smoothies when I am BF bc I get hungry ALOT but if you just add fresh fruit and ice you have a low calorie but filling treat.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 6:21 PM on May. 19, 2011

• The BF alone will take some of the pounds off. Eat well balanced meals, light snacks and lots of fluids for both you and your baby.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:25 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Drink plenty of liquids, this will help the milk supply as well. I'm not sure how you're eating is like now, but I do know that it is NOT recommended that you try to significantly reduce your caloric intake. Maybe talk with your doctor about taking a vitamin supplement if you are not doing so already; stick with the basics, fruits and veggies, lowfat milk (or soymilk), and enough protein so that your iron level stays at a healthy level. If you are able to do so, maybe speak with a dietitian or a lactating consultant, they would probably have some good advice also. Good Luck!
    Shellbell001

Answer by Shellbell001 at 6:26 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes I'm always hungry, I always end up gaining weight while breastfeeding because I'm hungry all the time. But it's getting out of hand.
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 6:27 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I gained a ton of weight while BF my middle child...not everyone loses weight just bc they are bf.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 6:29 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I gained a lot of weight when BFing my DD as well. I would stay drink lots of water (helps from being as hungry as often) and at the very least get out and go walking three days a week.

Good luck!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:58 PM on May. 19, 2011