Invasive Christians

I was working at an event that draws thousands of people. I was answering questions for a woman when her husband comes up and asks me if I accept the Lord. Now seriously what does he think I would say? Perhaps -- "No, I have not, I am here working and waiting to mess up my job while I listen to you evangelize me with YOUR VERSION of God." The truth is: I am confident and secure in my connection to God, but the I am sure it isn't his version of God since mine does not require me to get in people's faces and try to INFLUENCE the path they walk through life! Why can't born-agains see how offensive/invasive/annoying their behavior is? They are like playground bullies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would have said,"what business is it of yours?"

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:56 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Some evangelistic people are zealous but if we are secure in our own belief than it should not make us upset or let us be offended. All I would say is Yes, I am secure in knowing the God of the Universe. Thank you so much for asking. There is no need to get offended.
    angelgirl62

Answer by angelgirl62 at 5:58 PM on May. 19, 2011

• at least once a day when I say dear god help me...

cant stand people like that...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 6:00 PM on May. 19, 2011

• "Why can't born-agains see how offensive/invasive/annoying their behavior is?"

One person asks you a question and now all 'born-agains' are offensive, invasive and annoying?

I guess I could answer your question by asking "why is every non-born-again so defensive, angry, impatient, and judgmental"? Or is that being too offensive?
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 6:03 PM on May. 19, 2011

• invasive Christians - sounds like a pest infestation ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:03 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I agree with you, in my experience even with Jehovas witness, they knock and I see them through the window in my living room, they see me and realize I am not opening the door, they eventually walk away, but what gets me is they keep coming back!

Answer by older at 6:03 PM on May. 19, 2011

• not all christians are like that
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 6:07 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I laugh and ask him have you been to confession today?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:08 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I am a Christian and I can honestly say I have never asked anyone if they accept Christ...I feel like our relationship with God is personal. I will discuss my thoughts and opinions in an appropriate setting. I am not offended by those questions though. I just respond with 'I believe in Jesus Christ.' Then I smile and walk away.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 6:10 PM on May. 19, 2011

• as a Christian i hate that too. so ive never ever asked someone that.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:18 PM on May. 19, 2011