What if your doctor tells you you cant have kids but your fam think other wise

Wat do you SUGGEST??

Parkerkiidd

Asked by Parkerkiidd at 5:56 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would think the doctors would know what they are talking about, after all they are trained physicians, but who knows, maybe they made a mistake?? I would get more than one opinion and take it from there, and if I really wanted children, I would consider adoption, a lot of kids out there looking for a good homes, best of luck.

Answer by older at 5:59 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Tell them.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 5:59 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Wow...I guess I would ask to see their medical license? Then if you feel inclined you could explain the reasons why you cannot. Other than that I would say something along the lines of: I have consulted a doctor. This is the medical advice I was given. Please respect my feelings and let it go.
    Also, maybe you should seek a second opinion(for you not for them).
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 6:01 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Just curious, but did the doctor give you a reason as to why you can't get pregnant? If so I would just tell you family so. I have a cousin who did get pregnant and had a m/c. The doctors have since told her that she can't get pregnant and do not know how/why she got pregnant to begin with. Umm, she got pregnant then, why not again? They haven't given her any solid reason. She has been to a lot of doctors. Maybe your family just feels like there is hope. You hear of people who are told they will never be able to have kids and then they get pregnant anyway.
    Anonymous

• ok thaxx ii wonder bc my cousin was tld the same thang nd now she got 3 kids but for me ii was told dat from my doctor and bcause ii never had an regular period they say its a high risk for me but ii really want kids
    Parkerkiidd

Comment by Parkerkiidd (original poster) at 6:07 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I would not tell them to mind their own business. I suggest you make peace with it and don't worry about them. Just tell them you will not be on birth control and if it happens,it happens.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:07 PM on May. 19, 2011

• @OP, my period was very irregual until I was sexually active... i used to skip a month here or there to.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 6:10 PM on May. 19, 2011

• @ itsmesteph11 yea iikw nd no ii told them no birth control y should ii be if they sau ii cant have kids rite so never been on birth control b4
    Parkerkiidd

Comment by Parkerkiidd (original poster) at 6:10 PM on May. 19, 2011

• anoymous yea yu rite ii like ur answer ii knw were you cumin from ii mean no the doctors havent told me a good reason y or anythang like dat but they tld mi cousin the same thang nd now she got 3 kids
    Parkerkiidd

Comment by Parkerkiidd (original poster) at 6:12 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I think part of the problem is that there are a lot of people that know someone who was told they would never have children, then wind up finding themselves pregnant. I know of three people myself that have been in that situation. Since there are so many that have been told one thing, then find out another, someone might feel strongly that the doctor could be wrong in the hope that they are. I wouldn't be too hard on them.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:30 PM on May. 19, 2011