Is it true?

Is it true if you're pregnant You cannot perm your hair? i'm about 6 weeks pregnant and my hair looks horrible but i dont want to jeopadize my baby any one please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The reason people are told not to perm their hair is because of the fumes. It is the same for dyeing your hair. I dye my hair every 2 months or so because my natural color is too blah but I never ever dye it when I am pregnant...why take a chance?
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 6:03 PM on May. 19, 2011

• They say your not supposed to perm or die it b/c they don't know how much of the chemicals you absorb into your system. Ask you doc to be sure!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:03 PM on May. 19, 2011

• i have no idea i know you can't dye your hair but i would call your doctors office and ask
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 6:03 PM on May. 19, 2011

• it's not a matter of putting your baby at risk. The perm usually wont take or last because of all the hormones going haywire in your system. You can try it, but don't be surprised if it doesn't take or hold for long.
    geniewit28

Answer by geniewit28 at 6:05 PM on May. 19, 2011

• there are alot of reasons you shouldnt dye your hair! the smell of the perm can harm the baby and because your hormones are outta wack it make make your perm and or hair dye go bad and really mess up your hair. remember the first trimester is the most critical stage of the baby's development. wouldnt want to do anything to jepordize your lil one!
    chelsealynn101

Answer by chelsealynn101 at 6:08 PM on May. 19, 2011

• fumes
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:21 PM on May. 19, 2011

• The fumes are the issues. I know the ammonia in hair color is what causes the problem and you can get around that...maybe there is something you can find that is safer to perm with?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:29 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I agree with geniewit28 it's because of your hormones, you don't know how it will take when your pregnant. If you decide to go for it make sure your in a well veltalated area so the fumes won't be harmful. Don't do it if you can't be near a window or a door with some fresh air. It's not worth it! good luck!
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 8:19 PM on May. 19, 2011