How many men do you know that have fathered children that were told by a doctor they couldn't?

I have at least 2 friends that this has happened to, both men each have 2 kids after they were told they medically couldn't.

Why are doctors telling these men it's impossible and quite obviously the opposite is true?

camiam81

Asked by camiam81 at 6:04 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Health

• One. My husband.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 6:05 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My son and my nephew.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:06 PM on May. 19, 2011

• One. My one of our best friends. He was told he wasn't able too. Then he knocked up his GF...... now three kids later....vasectomy
    Emily1226

Answer by Emily1226 at 6:07 PM on May. 19, 2011

• By a doctor, only one. THe IT guy at my last job. Not only did his wife have a baby but so did his girlfriend....not a good situation.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:13 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My dentist was is a family friend was told many years ago that his wife could not carry full term pregnancy. They adopted two children and bam the wife gets pregnant!!!She now has a 35 year old son .
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 6:15 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My brother hasn't proven it yet, but he had chemo at 16 and they had him freeze sperm because his future fertility would likely be affected. They did a count on him not long ago and it looked like there was some activity in his swimmers. He is in college now and I am paying for his annual "storage" fee until he graduates and decides what to do with it on his own. My bio mother was perfectly willing to "take chances" on him ever having kids and wanted him to decide definitively at 16 "how important having kids" was to him...wtf lady...way to make the situation suck more and be more awkward for him.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:26 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Maybe and chances are good that this does happen. At the time of the testing done on some of these men they had an incredibly low sperm count for one reason or another. Underwear for instance plays a big part in how fertile a man is. If he wears his tighty whiteys too tight in can lower the sperm count a lot. Also hot tubs and hot baths can do the same. So if something as simple as loosing the tighty whiteys and switching to boxers....well bada bing...hello baby!
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 6:47 PM on May. 19, 2011