Would you be mad if your relatives wanted to spend time with only one of your kids and not all of them?

Well this is my sister. She is in love with my 2 yr old son, and lately have requested spending two hours a week with him alone just because he is "cute" and "adorable" and she just loves him. Well, I have a 4 year old daughter also and thought it was odd that she only wanted to spend time with him, take him to icecream or the park or wherever they decide to do. Would you be upset and would you agree to this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would let her. Unfortunately not everything in life is equal.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:18 PM on May. 19, 2011

• The rule in my family...not that I have had to voice it to anyone...is, treat all my children the equal or you won't see them except at family events.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:20 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I'd ask her why she only wants to spend time with him and not your daughter? And that both your kids need to be treated equal.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 6:22 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I could see taking them out individually for things they each like to do, but to always do for one...it's not right.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:23 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Both or none. I would not let her see one and not the other. Is she using him to pick up men my sons babysitter was using him to pick up guys. LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:23 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I think you are reading too much into it. My mom loves to spend time with my oldest two but often has me take my infant with me to do errands. The activities she can do with the older kids are more hands on. My sister likes to take my oldest to the park by herself. She spends time with my boys as well but she doesn't take them to the park. I don't mind. Anytime someone in the family wants to spend time with one of my littles I am happy:)
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 6:23 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My grandparents treat my oldest like king . THey NEVER ask if the other kids can come, so this year i put my foot down and told them until they are all treated fairly they will have no time with any of them, i ahvent talked to my g-parents in about 2 mths. Oh well their loss not mine.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:23 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I have asked her why she only wanted to spend time with just him and she told me that it is because she can only handle one kid at a time. Well thats understandable, so why not alternate between the two?Take him this week and take her next week. But she says he is easier to manage
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:25 PM on May. 19, 2011

• "pissed" might not be the word.

I definitely wouldn't allowe it.

Anonymous

• I would be upset. I would be considerably upset if my daughter was aware of the favoritism. In either case, i would immediately confront my sister on the topic. It's not OK in a work place, nor in a school. Why should it be acceptable in a family? Because nobody has the gumption to bring it about? i can understand that.. but think of it this way. If you as a Parent do not say anything, and the child eventually gets old enough to notice... and realizes you've said nothing. How could that effect your child?
    Ms.Friendly

Answer by Ms.Friendly at 6:27 PM on May. 19, 2011