If your kids dump food on the floor (at home) do you let them eat it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely NOT. This is not a household that allows the 5 second rule..not even 1 second. If it hits the floor its garbage, period.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:32 PM on May. 19, 2011

• No. Even though my floor is clean, I don't want them to get into the habit and do it elsewhere.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:32 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yuck...
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 6:33 PM on May. 19, 2011

• While I never have ever followed the 5 minute rule ever I can't stop other peoples kids from doing just that when they come to my house so sometimes it does happen but not because I let it.... those little burgers are faster then we are sometimes LOL!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:34 PM on May. 19, 2011

• ewwww I wouldn't myself eat that, why would I give it to the kids..
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 6:52 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Disgusting. Saw an epi of Mythbusters that said the 5 second rule is a total myth. Once it hits the floor, it's gone.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:33 PM on May. 19, 2011

• If it's in my kitchen/house can be rinsed off (grapes, apples, other fruits) or dusted off (crackers, hard non-sticky foods) then I sure do. If not, it gets thrown away (cheese, sandwich, banana). My biggest issue is the animal fur. With 2 cats and a dog there is always fur on the floor. My son rarely gets sick, and I've always had this policy.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 7:33 PM on May. 19, 2011

• no, my dogs get to it too quickly... lol
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 8:02 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My kids are always quick to scream out the "5 second rule!!" but when I see it, NO. We don't remove our shoes before coming in the home which means the floor is dirty. We live out in the country and have a little dog. No matter how much I vacuum or mop it wouldn't be enough. (For me.)

805doll

Answer by 805doll at 8:04 PM on May. 19, 2011

• honestly it depends. my sons aren't in the dumping stage, they are 7yrs and 4 months. if the 7 year old drops something, yea he eats it lol i really don't mind unless it's wet and falls or rolls or something like that lol mu husband hates that i let him or more accurately don't stop him from eatting it in most cases
    AnitaB27

Answer by AnitaB27 at 11:50 PM on May. 19, 2011