My man says he just doesn't care--help please

My SO is in Iraq and is going through this "I don't care about anything and I don't feel like doing anything or talking to anyone--stage" I'm supportive, I will never leave But does anyone have ideas or advice.

infmansgirl

Asked by infmansgirl at 6:40 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Im sooo sorry mommy wish i had some advise (((HUGS))) keep being suportive he needs it and you need some too.
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:42 PM on May. 19, 2011

• He sounds depressed which is understandable. Be supportive and keep in mind that he may come back home with PTSD.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 6:45 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Continue to be supportive.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:49 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Keep supporting him and make sure he knows you're there for him. Maybe see about getting him some counseling when he comes home.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 8:10 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Signs of depression. Read up on it and how to help him cope when he gets home.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 9:08 PM on May. 19, 2011

• :(
    i held back saying this cuz i didnt want you to take it the wrong way, but please don't
    could you remind him of how he used to be and sort of show him that its his work that has gotten to him?
    it makes me sad for soldiers whose lives are affected so much by their work and understandably so
    i have ptsd, not from war, but i sought counseling. i know guys are more reluctant to do so, but have you asked him if he would be willing? im sorry
    also, maybe send him uplifting words or quotes?
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 6:50 PM on May. 21, 2011