Terriost will we get attacted.

Do you think all the countries that are against America will will attack us in the next five years I heard some one say on Cspan that the were this past week is it not a scarey thing to think about the best target they will have is in jan.2009 at when they swear Obama in If there,s gonna be as many people as they say .all they need is one person with a suitcase and one nuke bomb.

guitarlady

Asked by guitarlady at 1:29 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• That was the most confusing run-on sentence I believe I have ever tried to get through.

If you're question is, will DC be attacked by terrorists on inauguration day, I seriously doubt it. The next five years? Cspan? A nuke bomb?

Maybe you just need to relax and check your blood pressure.

CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 1:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Huh?? I'd love to respond, if I understood. Could you please rephrase your question and use some punctuation and check your grammar? (I'm saying that in a nice way, not a condescending way.)
    melamommy24

Answer by melamommy24 at 2:21 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I've lived in DC and I've gone to an inaugural parade, and I can tell you, the security there is INSANE!
    That is probably going to be the LEAST likely day / place to be attacked. Terrorists go after "soft targets". That is NOT a soft target. I won't say NEVER, but I will say very very very slim chance.

Also, is there a chance we will be attacked again. Sure there is. Do people hate us? Sure they do. There are always going to be people / nations that hate us. Because, just like there isn't a single person that is liked by everyone, there isn't a single country that's liked by all other countries. But there are a lot of very smart people who work very hard to minimize that risk.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:32 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• cont

Besides, if we allow ourselves to live in constant worry over whether or not there's going to be another attack, then the terrorists win - even if they never perpetuate another attack - because we're living in fear, and that's what they want - terrorists want to terrorize.

Just use some common sense in your personal day to day life (report something suspicious, for example), but don't let them win by living in fear.
    sailorwifenmom

• Ok, trying to grasp the question. Here goes: Do I think that terrorists might attempt something during inaguratin festivities? It has crossed my mind, yes. Many people will be flying into DC and local Airports/taking trains(which have little to not security btw). Many hotels are full from Baltimore all the down near Richmond, Va for this weekend. While I think the Inagural security may be tight. After watching the Mumbai attacks, I do have concern that some idiots may try something at one or a series of hotels.public transportation stations/airports/bars/etc.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I am confident in saying that it's likely we will be attacked sometime in the future. In Jan. 2009? I really don't know. I would certainly hope not. Our nation is so divided as it is right now, the last thing we need is disaster and chaos. Big events naturally carry more risks, so I suppose that speaks for itself. However, the last thing I want to do is let a threat from some sicko out there stop me from living my life.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:01 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Sorry Ladies.
    For some I didn,t express my self very well guess I was up to late thank you for your replies.
    It is the younger generation IM concerned about. as for me Im on my way out of this world any way.
    And I know IT doesn,t help to worry.I will live out my life the best i can with love and kindness for others.
    guitarlady

Answer by guitarlady at 12:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• the risk is not so much from countries but from groups getting a hold of unsecured nukes or biological weapons.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:43 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• CluelessCarrie-Maybe you just need to relax and check your blood pressure.

Wow, could you be any more disrespectful? Let me guess you are a 20 something computer savy egomaniac whi thinks EVERYONE on CM is young and able to type and articulate as well as you? Geeze, I hope you weren't looking for respect, because you surly haven't earned it with a cheap shot comment like this.
    Anonymous

• Thanks Anonymous.
    And the rest of you for your kindness .you have made the sun shine a little brighter .IT is so nice to to know there are people who still shows respect even tho Im not compt.smart .IM still learning the compt.never get to old to learn . who knows what this next year will bring we may not be able to pay for our internet so we can chat .'oh well no need to worry ' yes we must stay strong and hope for the best .
    guitarlady

Answer by guitarlady at 9:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2008