How do I tell my NEW boss that I'm pregnant??

I just got this great job in NYC, I love it- I'll be faboulous at it. I start Jan/09. My boss is really cool but when do I tell him I'm pregnant?? I'm almost 4 months pregnant and due May 20th.
How do I tell him, when is a good time??
HELP!!

chicmami

Asked by chicmami at 1:35 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• now is probably the best time, actually when you were getting hired would have been even better. dont be afraid, you will probably still have your job even after you have the baby. Take a deep breath and just say it.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 1:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i just came straight out and told my boss with the worst intentions of her reactions and she was actually overjoyed and told me congratulations. Its kind the "thing" you have to just got for it and tell them and you'll be surprised of ones reactions!
    cantwait071909

Answer by cantwait071909 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• umm you probably she of told him in your interview. You probably wouldn't of gotten the job but at least u would of been honest
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I told my boss at 8 weeks also I was going to add. Please don't feel scared. I'm sure it will be just fine and congratulations mama ;-)
    cantwait071909

Answer by cantwait071909 at 1:42 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• If you already have the job they cant fire you or let you go because that would be discrimination and you could sue. I told my boss when I was about 2 months along and there was a change in attitude they tipped toed around everything and were very careful. But I still just kept working like normal.....
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 8:53 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• you could just wait til you start showing and its obvious and if they say something to you just tell the boss you like to keep this quiet for the fear of something happening =D Your boss can't fire you there are laws to protect you. But you shouldn't be nervous...especially if your good at your job
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 7, 2008