Jesus Loves you! Approached at the store?

So I was in walgreens getting my daughter some necessary items lol and this young woman comes up to me with a huge smile and says "I just have to tell you", she pauses and I am expecting a compliment lol "Jesus loves you."

OMG! I didn't know how to react so I just said "Thank you", and she walked away. I walked around feeling self conscious thinking "Was my bra strap showing?" haha! I have never been approached like that. She was super sweet but it kind of had me on guard because I wasn't exactly expecting it.

I appreciate it and all but RESPECT BOUNDARIES! That is my biggest thing. Anyone else have this happen randomly?

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 7:39 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Religious Debate

• The only time I have ever been approached in a store like that is when my DS was tiny. I was at publix. I was pushing my cart around. I'm sure you could tell I was being selective but not overly so. My DS was well dressed and I was not in tatters or anything... anyway, this lady walked up to me and said really quick. 'God told me you needed this more than I do and that I should let you have it.' she slipped a $20 bill in my hand and walked off quicker than I could thank her. I was in awe. There is no way should could have known I was struggling and was debating what food to buy with what little money we had to get us through the week. I guess it was a bit odd but golly, she was right, we desperately needed it and put it to good use.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I used to work with a mentally challenged young woman who would do something like this. She was very sweet and loving and if you didn't know she was mentally challenged, you would probably just think she was crazy. We worked with her to try to get her to understand boundaries, but she just didn't seem to get it. I would like to think that the rest of the world would just be accepting--even to those who don't seem to understand what it means to others about respecting boundaries.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:04 PM on May. 19, 2011

• this lady came up to me in walmart a few weeks ago, and told me i looked familiar, and asked if she knew me. we live in a military community and so i was like, no i dont think so... but still made small talk. she then handed me a card for her church. I'm atheist, but dh is christian. I said, thanks! we'll look into it, but I got to run and finish my shopping...

i was kind of irritated but it wasnt the end of the world for me. I just moved on.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 7:42 PM on May. 19, 2011

• No,but I had a old guy tell me my son was going to hell because I didn't send him to Sunday school

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:42 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Oh wow Butterfly!

lol ArmyWife. Yeah this girl was harmless and super sweet. As for how dare she be polite? I wasn't being nasty about her approaching me I just don't like people getting that close
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 7:43 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I had two ladies point at my shirt and say I believe in a myth and walk away laughing. I could not figure for the life of me what they meant. My dh later told me the shirt I was wearing looking like the Jesus fish thing.
    Anonymous

• lol
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 7:44 PM on May. 19, 2011

• awe that is neat anon. I am not in need at all. I don't believe in Jesus as Christians do but I appreciate the thought. It did make me stop and think. My husband and I are having to make some hard decisions but it in my eyes has nothing to do with God. I think she randomly does this as do many people.
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 7:54 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I appreciate that Kam. I really understand that but I don't believe in stuff like that at all.
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 7:56 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Once. It threw me off guard and I just started laughing.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:59 PM on May. 19, 2011