Body Wave after pregnancy?

How soon do I have to wait to get a body wave for my hair after I give birth?

aheuszel

Asked by aheuszel at 7:40 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can technically get it at any time after giving birth but keep your hormones into consideration. Your hormones will affect the chemicals you use for the perm in different ways (you may get no wave, an afro, or uneven curls.) If you plan on nursing, the hormones will be in your system longer. If you plan on bottle feeding, ask your ob/gyn about how long before your hormones get back to normal.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 7:43 PM on May. 19, 2011

• whenever you want to
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 7:43 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I don't plan on nursing because I have a 14 month old and I don't think I will have time to. I was thinking maybe wait 6 weeks??
    aheuszel

Comment by aheuszel (original poster) at 7:58 PM on May. 19, 2011

• you can do it whenever. i agree with alinker about the hormones, but even your dr. will only be making a guess as to when they're back to normal levels. everyone is different with that.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:16 PM on May. 19, 2011