Help me decide

If your 13 yr old daughter gets expelled from school till 2012 what would be her punishments? She wants to be allowed to hang out with her friend. I'm willing to allow a friend over but I don't want her going anywhere,now she is saying she will just sneak out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on May. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• How realistic is it to keep her in until 2012? Have her clean everything. Draws, cupboards, closets, basement, doors, baseboards, all those things you either don't have time to or don't want to. Everyday give her a list of what she needs to get done during what would have been her school hours. Good Luck.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:47 PM on May. 19, 2011

• why was she expelled from school? the crime needs to fit the punishment. We don't know the crime.
    I would agree with you , not letting her go out. BUT still allowing one friend at a time over for a few hours here and there.
    I'd say, if she does sneek out - let the police dept. pick her up and bring her home. - 1st offence
    if she does it again, ask them if they can let her sit at the police station for a few hours. (of course, they'd call you and tell you)
    What are her plans for the summer? Do you have someone to stay with her?
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 7:44 PM on May. 19, 2011

• You can always call your local police department and ask if there are consequences if 13yr old runs away. If there are, you can threaten to call the police if you find her gone. Other than that.. not positive.. I was a hellion myself in my teens.Thankfully for my parents, I was scared to death of getting in serious trouble (police, etc)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 7:47 PM on May. 19, 2011

• No I don't have anyone that can stay with her. She was expelled because some girls said she touched them on their crotch,and boobies at school. And because of her history they expelled her because they've had enough.. She pleads she is innocent but I don't know.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:47 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I can't have her anywhere near the law. She needs to stay clear of police.
    Anonymous

• You need to consult with a therapist/psychologist about what happened...they should be able to help you and your family develop a realistic plan.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 7:55 PM on May. 19, 2011

• IF your not a troll and you really do have a child that disturbed... you NEED to step up to the parenting plate and start getting her some help. To say you dont have anyone to watch her is neglect. You can not let a child with an emotional issue, behavioral issue, or what ever has sent her over the edge to the point of getting expelled for an entire YEAR at the young age of 13 NEEDS HELP AND SUPERVISION.

You MUST get her help. AND figure out a different work schedule, job, etc... or move near family to get support for while you are at work. If you do NOT step up and get her help then what ever happens from here on out is due to your lack of effort.
    Anonymous

• anon I think your a troll. SHUT UP,,you have no clue what I do for her or anything else for that matter. Your ignorant just by what you wrote and your obviously not a praent of teenagers.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:32 PM on May. 19, 2011

• You can be the best freaking parent and do everything right and kids will STILL mess up no matter.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:33 PM on May. 19, 2011

• All the counseling and therapy in the world won't help unless your kid understands his or herself and finally figures out what she is doing is wrong
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:36 PM on May. 19, 2011