has anyone had a misscarrige how did you come to terms with it

Autumn634

Asked by Autumn634 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I miscarried last Feb and still have not come to terms with it. It is still difficult because I had created a life and could not keep it.

I am pregnant now and due this Feb. Many people act as if now my miscarriage did not ever really matter but to me it is my baby that I lost.

I am sorry that you are going through it too.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:42 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I just realized that it is natures way of making sure that I got a healthy baby. Miscarriages happen not because you did anything wrong, but because the cells were simply not multiplying correctly. Give it time...you'll have your little bundle of joy soon. You are not doing anything wrong and you shouldn't feel like it's your fault.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:21 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I miscarried almost 30 yrs ago and still miss THAT baby. God has blessed me with 3 wonderful children since then and I'm sure you will have healthy pregnancies too but don't let people make light of a miscarriage. Mourn, cry and know you will see that angel one day. We all get thru it in our own way and in our own time.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• First, I am so sorry that you had to go through this. That is the worst thing that can happen to a mother. I have had everything from a stillborn baby, miscarriages and tubular pregnancies. I have tried and tried to have children. I am truely blessed with 3 wonderful children! But, we sure went through a lot to have them. The best advice that I have is to talk about it. Talk about your baby like he/she is a living child of the family. My stillborn baby (Trevor) is talked about daily. My children know that they had other brothers and sisters that did not make it and they were not even able to meet. When someone asks me how many children I have, I tell them that I have 14 children and 3 living children! They are a part of my life just like the living children are! I will pray for you and keep your head up! If you need to talk, you can ALWAYS write me!
    LaBoucane

Answer by LaBoucane at 4:44 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• It took me a year to come to terms with my first miscarriage. I came to terms with the second one within a month. For me, coming to terms is easier when I get pregnant again.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:23 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Oh wow Im sorry your going through this! Its truly a very devastating thing to go through!! I had mine in June and I still havent gotten over it. It would help tremendously if I could get pregnant again but I havent had much luck lately! I just thought of it as its gods way of sparing us the pain that if we did carry the baby longer we would of probably lost it at some point in the pregnancy. And honestly I rather lose it early then later, because you develop that bond and you can feel it kick and stuff. Good luck and I hope you get better!!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i miscarried a few years ago. And im still not really over it. Now i have a beautiful daughter, 17months old. She is my 2nd baby, but my first born.

When i had this miscarriage and my OB told me what happened my world was falling apart. I went to a reg. check-up and she couldnt find a heartbeat. I was 15weeks along already. I was afraid of ever getting pregnant again, because the loss of my baby was too terrible. I still think about my baby every day when i look at my first born. Its hard, but i have to live with it.

Some women dont even realize what it means to have a miscarriage. If it happens then they think: "oh well, lets just try it again real fast".. i mean serious. Do they not understand that their baby died?!

I never went to get a therapy to learn how to deal with the loss. I should have done that and i recommend it to every woman who lost their unborn.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:47 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• And i thought i would share this too:

My grandmother once told me, that she had a miscarriage in 1950. And she is still so sad about it. She never got over it and she also said, that she will always remember and love this child.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:49 AM on Dec. 14, 2008