went back to the hospital

(im only 28 weeks) ok so a few night ago i was having problems and the nurse on call though it was pre turm labor so i went to the hospital and everything was fine well samething happend tonight at a light thing of downtown were i live and the same thing started to happend but ten times worse so i called my docs number and talked to the nurse thing and she told me to get to the hospital asap but it was really crouded there and i could not get out till it was over well i fainaly got to the hospital spent like 3 hours there and they said i was having bad contractions but i was not dilated at all or anything then they gave me a shot to relax my uters (sp?) any one know y they did that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Because you are only 28 weeks, they give you the shot to hold off contractions as long as possible. It wouldn't be too good for your baby to be born this early. They will try to hold off the contractions until you are closer to 36-37 wks. Then they'll let you have the baby if your contractions come back.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:48 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• yeah if i was you i would relax and dont stress
    Autumn634

Answer by Autumn634 at 1:52 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• It would be a very bad thing if baby were to be born right now. My son was born at 34 and a half weeks and has had to spend a month in the NICU. While we've been there I've seen a dozen little ones that were taken out early. It is healthiest for them to grow as long as possible in mommy. They tried stopping my contractions, (didn't work). But it took me a long time to accept why, some babies are born at 34 weeks and are absolutely fine. I fought for a while that if he was ready...then he should just be allowed to come out. Truth is, he wasn't ready, and being inside mommy as long as he was, gave him the fighting chance he needed to get the strength for his lungs and body. I agree with the other moms on here....prop your feet up, relax, try not to work if you're already going into preterm labor, because it's no joke. Try to avoid sex too, I know that sucks but that's a HUGE stimulant for inducement. Good luck!!!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 2:45 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Yeah... the shot if so you don't go into actual labor. Thank God you weren't dialated, sometimes it's too late at that point
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2008