Should they force circumsized men to follow Sharia law?

Thought the title would get some libs to open their eyes and defend this.

Dirty Harry Reid, one of the biggest pushers for Obamacare, hails from the state of Nevada, which just got a waiver from Obamacare.

The Health and Human Services Department announced late Friday that Nevada had secured a statewide waiver from certain implementation requirements of the Obama administration's health care law, because forcing them through, the department found, "may lead to the destabilization of the individual market."

http://nation.foxnews.com/obamacare/2011/05/18/entire-state-nevada-scores-obamacare-waiver#ixzz1MpeFWP85

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:02 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm going to have to come back to this. My migraine is stopping the article from making ANY sense, it's like I'm reading gibberish. But I wanted to note one point being I'm about as Liberal as they come, and a huge Obama supporter... I do NOT agree with "Obamacare" or believe it to be "lib" in any way shape or form... That said, I wouldn't agree with ANY form of government healthcare, it's one step short of communism... When I can read the article, I'll be able to answer your post better.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:10 PM on May. 19, 2011

• LOL.. Carpy.. I bet you a growler of Alaskan Amber~They will roll their cyber eyes at you and refuse to discuss...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:18 PM on May. 19, 2011

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 a minute ag

No doubt about it.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 8:20 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yeah, they are delaying the requirement that certain insurance companies must spend 80% of their income on medical care. Instead they will be required to spend 75% of their income on medical care for one year after the 80% rule takes effect. The reason is because underperforming insurance companies will not be able to get their medical spending at that level as quickly as required. I have a couple of opinions on this...one, I would be pissed that my insurance company found it that hard to spend most of the premiums they collect on actual medical coverage rather than advertising and executive salaries. And two, delaying the requirement by one year on this one specific aspect of the plan is hardly a "waiver." It sounds like a compromise with a bunch of whining insurance companies that are scared to actually do what they are supposed to do...spend the premiums they collect on medical care.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:15 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Swallowed that one, did ya stacy?
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 9:21 PM on May. 19, 2011

• It's so great for all the rest of us but the ones who passed it, not so much! Transparent Hypocrisy...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:35 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I have no opinion because I feel I am not as well informed as I could be and I feel that Health Care is still a work in progress and not set in stone. I'm waiting and still learning about it ....on my own. BUT I have always thought that it is a sin that not all people have some kind of basic preventative health care option. We shall see......
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:48 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Swallowed that one, did ya stacy?
    _______________________
    WTF are you talking about? All the info i got was from your link to Fox Nation (ridiculous blurb with no real info) which had it's own link to the original story in the Nevada Sun. Are you saying Fox Nation had it wrong? I tend to agree. So what is your claim other than the summary I gave from reading YOUR links? What did I miss?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:15 PM on May. 19, 2011

• It's too bad for the people of Nevada. I think overcharging for medical insurance is criminal and the new national policy is a good one. I guess all republicans care about is the companies, not the people.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:25 PM on May. 19, 2011

What specificially about the "new national policy" is going to cut costs? 

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:00 PM on May. 20, 2011