12 weeks pregnant !! Questions

So I'm 12 weeks pregnant. I have a few questions

I keep having on and off cramps they last for a second ... Is that bad ? There's no bleeding just cramping

next when will I start showing ? I'm 5'4 & weigh 100 w my first baby

next when will I be able to find out if it's a girl or boy ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• since it's your first baby you might not show until after 20 weeks, but you're small and thin so you may notice before then....it's different for everyone. the 'cramps' sound like growing pains....normal. you will find out the sex of the baby at your ultrasound which is usually around 20 weeks. you could find out sooner if for some reason you needed an amnio.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:10 PM on May. 19, 2011

• The cramps are probably the ligaments... it sucks but its normal. I was 103 lbs when i was prego with my first. I didn't show until i was about 4 1/2- 5 months. even then only ppl who knew me well could tell. I think i was about 6 months before i had to wear maternity. You usually find out the gender between 16-20 weeks. GL
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 8:11 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Lol wow so many questions. Your small so you can start showing at anytime time,but things are different for everybody. Im about 5'6 and didn't start showing until about maybe 16wks but it wasn't even a real big baby bump but you would think i was pregnant.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 8:14 PM on May. 19, 2011

• And the cramps are just your uterus...i still get it and i hate em it's all around your stomach.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 8:16 PM on May. 19, 2011

• maybe small uterus cramps.
    if you show it's bloating, I'm 12 weeks too and I have a small bump at the bottom of my belly too doc said it was bloating.
    it's between 16- 20 weeks I think...
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 8:20 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I had on and off cramps too. as long and they arent persistent, go away with rest, water, tylenol or a warm (not hot) bath, then you're good. it's normal to have cramping as your uterus expands or ligament pain. probably your uterus growing this early on. you can start showing at any time because all people are different. I had a little baby bump by 12wks but nothing too significant yet. (I'm 5'6 - 115lbs). Doctors typically wait until 20wks for an accurate gender reading. good luck to you
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 8:21 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yea usually 20wks you'll find out. I left my weight out i was about 150somthing and had a flat stomach and didn't really start showing until about 25wks+ though. CONGRATULATIONS!
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 8:22 PM on May. 19, 2011

• i found out with my daughter at 16wks..some drs are diff it depends. you could ask them if you could find out at 16wks.

you could see my belly at about 16 wks but i really didnt show til about 20wks. it depends on your body really.
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 9:23 PM on May. 19, 2011