Super scared of bees!

My son is 3 1/2 and in the past few days has developed a huge fear of bees. We go outside and any time he hears a motorcycle, gust of wind, bird chirp, actual bee buzzing, lawn mower or anything else he stops what he is doing, starts to almost cry and runs towards me shouting "the bee! Is that the bee mama! nooo!"

This has never happened before and I don't know what to do to help him get over his fear. I try to explain that bees live outside and that they are far too busy to worry about people. We have books about bees (children oriented) and I am considering watching bee movie with him.

Any other suggestions on how to help my scared to death of bees little boy? thanks:)

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 8:24 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I wish i could help you but i've been having the same problem with my 4 year old daughter for the past year. Personally i just try to help her through the moment and hope its just a phase for now :) I feel your pain.
    AngelLedwell

Answer by AngelLedwell at 8:32 PM on May. 19, 2011

• awww my son ( 5 ) use to be terrified of them but not until he sees one. he does mistake other flying bugs for bees too. it was ever since he was stung at his grandparents house a summer or two ago. i dont know what to do either. It's getting better. The Bee movie might show him how "friendly" they can be? lol Spray him with "magic" aka water, and tell him the bees wont touch him. : ) haha he might just have to grow out of it.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 8:32 PM on May. 19, 2011