M/c and symptoms.

A friend of mine got a BFP yesterday and they think she may either have a tubal or be having a m/c. My question is if you've had either, did your symptoms of pregnancy get STRONGER before losing the baby? She had her first blood draw today and has another Saturday. So it will be Monday before she knows whats up. Its also possible she's just really early. I just ask because she's getting more symptoms instead of less. So I was curious. thanks

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 8:44 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• With each of my miscarriages I bled quite a bit and the hcg hormone dropped tremendously and then went away, so the symptoms went away as well.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 8:47 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Thanks! She isn't bleeding yet either. So we're being hopeful!
    AmandaN1

Comment by AmandaN1 (original poster) at 8:52 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I've heard that more morning sickness, especially, means less chance of miscarriage.

Why do they think there's something wrong?
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:48 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Because they did an u/s this morning. She has endo and there is no rhyme or reason to her cycles. Plus she said she had cramps. So they did the u/s said she had some cysts that ruptured, but saw nothing that showed baby. She'd be SUPER early or 7 weeks. So they did a blood draw. She gets another on Sat and has to wait for results until Monday. But she took 3 tests yesterday that instantly showed positive. I just feel so bad for her. I wanna fix it somehow and can't. Or just fast forward to know the answers.
    AmandaN1

Comment by AmandaN1 (original poster) at 10:20 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Wondering what happened with your friend... My experience, I had strong symptoms with my first miscarriage until I hit near the end of the first trimester and things started to drop off. M/C wasn't diagnosed until about 13 weeks. Then, with this molar pregnancy, strong symptoms, deemed blighted ovum when U/S showed empty sac at 8 weeks. Symptoms continued until 13 week blood draw confirmed higher HCG than before, follow-up ultrasound deemed it molar, and D&C followed. It took a couple of weeks after that for symptoms to drop off. I hope your friend is okay. It's a terrible thing to go through. :(
    kryjen

Answer by kryjen at 8:33 PM on May. 25, 2011