Binge eating

I am worried I may be developing an eating disorder...I feel it is emotionally based because it is when I am alone, sad, feeling like there is nothing else to do..and then sometimes I eat so much I actually throw up. but I don't have to stick my finger down my throat to do it, it just happens, and it is because I ate way too much..I am not looking for rudeness or disapproval, just some advice on things I can do to stop myself from over eating

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• 1) Talk to someone ASAP this could develop into a serious disorder leaving your body and mental health in jeopardy.
    2) Is there someone you trust not to judge you that you can talk to about being your "sponsor" so if you feel a binge coming on you can call them to talk about it.
    3) Find somewhere else to be. Loneliness may be the fuel to your sudden eating issues.
    That's all I've got for now, I wish you all the best.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 8:50 PM on May. 19, 2011

• You need to talk to someone.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:01 PM on May. 19, 2011

• try eating healthier, and look up a portion guide. Everytime you feel like you will binge then go for a walk, read a book, call a friend or drink a glass of water or something. GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:04 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Recovered binge purger here :-) , It is an addiction to food which you need to break. In order to make it stop, you need to do things differently. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. You are in a pattern and you (not boredom) are the problem and the solution. You need to minimize the food you alllow in your house and make it healthy. Just like an alcoholic or drug addict can't be around their "fix" the same goes with you and too much food. The 1st thing is to realize you are powerless over this. If you can admit this, then you can make things better. 2nd you need to take an honest look at who you are and what you want to change. This addiction is a "character defect" and only you have the power to change it. You are totally right that this as other addictions are not physical but emotionally based. It is like an onion. The "physical problem"
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:16 PM on May. 19, 2011