Ex keeps me in and out of court on custody battle

I have sole physical and legal custody.. but he keeps taking me to court to get custody.. every time I am at court I am missing a day of work. One day of work is 200-300 and I can keep taking cuts like that.. He is on welfare can I still file for him to pay me back? I had that option when I had to go for my restraining order but do I have that option for other hearings as well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• how is he paying a lawyer? what is he saying to his lawyer to get him / her to take his case to court? I would think, after the second or third time the judge would tell him to stop waisting the courts time.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:59 PM on May. 19, 2011

• He does not have a lawyer
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:00 PM on May. 19, 2011

• i would call a lawyer if you do not already have one and ask what can be done
    you should be able to talk to a lawyer for free 1st time
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:05 PM on May. 19, 2011

• You can still file for reimbursement, however you will probably only get a minimal amount at a time. My ex owed me $27,000 in back support. I settled for $12,000 in exchange for primary custody and taking it out of court, but he only had to add $13 per week to his child support to pay it back!! Crazy...
    mlivlee

Answer by mlivlee at 10:32 PM on May. 19, 2011