Graveyard

What's it like to work graveyards if you've never done it before how do you adjust and get sleep especially with kids? My boys are 15, 12,10 my daughter is 13,their would be no peace and quiet but I'm thinking I really need to work a night shift. I also have some health problems I would like to try and clear up before I do work this schedule otherwise I know I won't make it. I'm thinking about doing this cause of numerous problems with my children and figure theirs just no other way.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 8:57 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• We worked nights for a couple of years, although it was before we had kids. I actually liked it. It was really peaceful during the night, and the drive home in the morning was nice. After the first couple of weeks, I had no trouble sleeping because I was just really tired and my body was getting used to it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:59 PM on May. 19, 2011

• ahhh graveyard. i use to sleep when my kids were in school. then pick them up from school, do homework , cook dinner, then a quick nap before work. at first i had to use antihistamines to make myself go to sleep. sometimes a fan or t.v on real quiet helps drown out daytime noise. but because u sleep when everyones awake, they think you sleep all the time. ive often thought of going back but i do enjoy the weekends i get with my family
    dramaMama407

Answer by dramaMama407 at 9:02 PM on May. 19, 2011