Im 36 weeks todayive been having lots of problems with this pregnancy :/ im having a repeat c section because i did with my son. sooooo n e ways my doctor told me that he wants me to have an amino done on monday at 8am to see if the baby is mature and if so i will deliver the next day so i will be 36 weeks andn 5 days on the day i have my c section if its mature. have anyone had this done at 36 weeks and the amino was mature?? and does it hurt?? or make you go into labor??? thank you! :)

mamaval03

Asked by mamaval03 at 9:08 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• why so early? i've had 2 c/s both at 39 weeks. But to answer your question, yes, i have heard of them doing this. my doc said she might do it with me this time because my uterus was so thin with my last one. idk..
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:11 PM on May. 19, 2011

• well its only 2 days early. because my doctor said 37 week is considered "full term" i already went into labor about 4 times with this pregnancy... and they always stop it. i just got released on Saturday and got 4 shots of steroid shots for her lungs so im thinking it she should be fine????
    and another reason for the c section is at 37 weeks is because my blood pressure has been high and my scar from my previous c section is starting to get irritated with a rash...
    mamaval03

Comment by mamaval03 (original poster) at 9:17 PM on May. 19, 2011

• btw what was ur answer too?? yes to what ?? lol
    mamaval03

Comment by mamaval03 (original poster) at 9:19 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I had an amnio at 36 weeks to check for lung maturity before I could be induced. The first test came up intermediate, so they sent it to a lab in another state for a more accurate number, which took another 12 hours or so. Those came out fine, and I was induced right away. The amnio itself did not hurt, but it was creepy. I could feel the needle sliding through the different layers of muscle, and at one point I got a weird metallic taste in my mouth and it felt like I had bitten on a fork. Weird, but apparently there's a name for that and it's caused by one layer being pierced through. I was monitored for an hour after the amnio, where I just stayed in a room listening to the heartbeat and movement. My son got hiccups and the speaker was on loud. Sounded like he was moving furniture. :) The idea and ick factor of an anmio is a lot worse than the amnio itself.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:20 PM on May. 19, 2011

• thank you julie...so it was mature at 36 weeks?
    mamaval03

Comment by mamaval03 (original poster) at 9:23 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes, and I believe that was 36 weeks on the dot, or 36 plus 1 day. Right around there. I can't remember what the range was, but after the first test came up intermediate, the more sensitive test showed him 2 points into the mature range. BTW good luck. :)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:27 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I had an amnio done with both pregnancies. With the first I was only 35 weeks but was expecting twins so I think they consider that more full term. I was terrified of the amnio, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I was picturing a huge needle and it was really no big deal. Good luck with your new bundle of joy(;
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 9:32 PM on May. 19, 2011