Should I feel guilty??

I'm a SAHM with a 18 month old living in an apartment with my husband. He works a lot and supporst me while im in school full time. I do most of the household work and take care of our daughter. I feel guilty though because he works practically every holiday and i get to stay home and play with our daughter. I feel like i have it to easy which makes me feel guilty like i should be pulling my weight even though i love being a SAHM and he thinks its good too. I just fell bad he can't have fun and watch her through all these new fun events. Sometimes i just feel like a second class citizen cause i don't work and my husband is so good to me. Anyone know this feeling??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't feel guilty...you too are working a full time job. Be sure he knows you appreciate him. I like to send my DH pics on his cell phone throughout the day.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:27 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• oh and we also take him lunch every day. So he can see our daughter. He loves that!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:28 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I sometimes feel like that but I also know that we are doing the best for the kids my hubbys gone for weeks at a time and I feel like hes missing out on our kids but when hes home we try to make up for it I also send him pics all the time and take care of him when he is home : )
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 2:37 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My husband works 2 jobs, while I only go to work only 3 nights (some short nights) and I get to be with our daughter all the time too. Sometimes I feel guilty too, but it is best for our situation. Throughout the week we go see him and I call him and send pics all the time, which seem to brighten his day. And when he has the day off I let him have the reins and be with her all day to get some good quality time in.
    Alliesmom22

Answer by Alliesmom22 at 9:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My dh works two jobs too, and I do feel guilty sometimes, especially when he's super tired and I have to wake him up for work. But he makes more at his part time job than I would if I worked full time, so right now, it's the best we can do. (We would have to pay for day care too if I worked) I just try to let him know how much I appreciate him and we go suprise him at work sometimes with lunch or just to say hi. And now my 3 yr old is getting into doing crafts, so we'll make stuff for him during the day to let him know we're thinking of him.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 12:27 AM on Dec. 8, 2008