Who remembers the moment they remembered that they missed "Aunt Flow's Visit"?

Watching Grey's and the look on Christina's face when she realized that she had not had her period was priceless. I can remember each time I was like OMGoodness I missed my period. The funny thing about it is that my husband realized it before me he just did not mention it. He's so organized...lol.

BillieHolidae

Asked by BillieHolidae at 9:14 PM on May. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I was keeping tabs on mine and charting them each month! we were ttc
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 9:16 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I remember that moment but it was not welcome for me! I am a single mother and so I remember praying against everything I would start and then it finally dawning on me that I was pregnant. It was frightening for me
    MKSmom09

Answer by MKSmom09 at 9:26 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I was hoping I would miss my period for many many months. It was not a case of forgetting ...or saying"Oh my gosh,I think I missed my period...how did that happen>?" I was so hoping I would. I finally did get pregnant after a year of trying. My DH had no clue.LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:29 PM on May. 19, 2011

• In my case I was so busy that my husband and I just fit sex in where ever it fit. With work and taking care of my grandmother tracking my period was far from my mind. Trust me I asked the same ? until it happened to me.
    BillieHolidae

Comment by BillieHolidae (original poster) at 9:35 PM on May. 19, 2011

• With my son I was terrified. I had only been dating his father for a couple months and I had no idea if he'd stick around or not. I took a test and it was positive. I briefly considered getting an abortion and not telling anyone, but I owed it to the father to tell him. He looked like he'd been hit upside the head with a 2x4. He not only stuck around, we got married 6 months after our son was born.

With my daughter he knew about 2 weeks before my period was late. He said I glowed, so did my coworkers. I didn't doubt him, and just to make sure I took another test after I was late and sure enough, I was pregnant again. My kids are 3 years, 5 months apart in age.

I HATE having a cycle, so it doesn't bother me in the least that I don't get one on Depo Provera shots.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:35 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Oh i remember all 4 times!!our first we were trying to conceive so I was waiting for the day I missed my period. I missed my period and quickly went out and bought a test. Of course I was nervous to take it because I was afraid of the words "not pregnant" well, I was pregnant :) with my second I was on BC and realized I had finished all of my sugar pills and didn't start. Sure enough positive test. With my 3rd I had a feeling, but once again was using protection. Guess it failed, pregnant. I miscarried my 3rd and was devastated. Again we used protection because I wasn't sure if I wanted to go through the pain of loss again, but not even a month later I began feeling pregnant again...I am now pregnant with baby number 4. I couldn't be happier :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:46 PM on May. 19, 2011

• With my first daughter, I was keeping track of my cycles because I was T-not-TC. Oops. But I was happy when the test was positive, after the initial OMG OMG OMG. With my second daughter, my cycles hadn't regulated after a miscarriage and I'd given up charting them.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 10:19 PM on May. 19, 2011

• This last time, the "Uh Oh, No Aunt Flo" moment was marked by my graduation from nursing school. I thought I was late because I was stressed from finals. DH said "Let's get you a test so you'll see you're not and then you can relax."

Famous last words, dude.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:49 PM on May. 20, 2011