How would your SO feel about a second "wife"?

I've been trying to talk my DH in to finding a second wife for quite some time. He keeps telling me I'm nuts, because the last thing he wants is someone else to remind him to take out the trash... I was chatting w/ my mothers "BF" who said the same thing. I find it funny that I, the woman, is more comfortable with the idea of a second wife than he is. I guess it's a myth that men are all about more women... Have you ever asked your DH how he felt about this stuff? What's he think?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:24 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Mine has enough with just me!

Answer by older at 9:26 PM on May. 19, 2011

• DH says no way. He could not keep up with two wives.

I have an ex who came to me and asked if we were to marry if I would consider a second wife. I told him no. Then I went back to him and said yes, but I get a second husband. He beat the shit out of me that night. I left of course. I later found out the person he was considering as the other wife he had been seeing behind my back the entire time. She was all for it. I have no problem with other people doing it, but it is not for me. I wouldn't mind help with the chores though.
    Anonymous

• Why should he get a SECOND wife? I want MY OWN wife. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:29 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I wouldn't want a second wife around Lol (I don't want to share my husband) But if I did I know for sure my Dh wouldn't want another wife.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 9:29 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My dh said im enough, that women are crazy lol that ones enough to deal wih.
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 9:31 PM on May. 19, 2011

• my dh can barley handle me lol... as for u.. sounds cool but u have to think what if he likes her more..is more attractive to her..rather spend time with her...and so forth. there is a slight chance of him leaving u for her. not that he should if he can have a 2nd women and not get beat. ohh and would u be ok if he had sex with this 2nd women when u wernt home or around.. would u be offended or feel cheated. just things u must consider first.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:42 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I'm with you Sabrina . i would love a sister wife to help with the chores . My husband says i am already enough of a nuisance and he wouldn't want another one !
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 10:06 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I asked DH, he said he'd consider it. On the other hand, I won't. It's not the sharing aspect, but the potential drama and problems that could arise from that kind of relationship that keep me from saying yes. Both of us are fairly laid back, I think adding a 3rd person to the mix would likely cause more problems than I'd want to deal with.

My DH did ask what your spouse said, I told him that your spouse said he wasn't interested. DH said his opinion is that men who don't want second wives already have a first wife that's too much of a pain in the ass.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 10:15 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I don't share with others but I really wouldn't mind someone to share the load with, maybe clone myself, but the clone wouldnt be allowed to sleep with DH lol.

DH said "someone else to make happy and complain about espn? no thanks!"
    musicspeak4me

Answer by musicspeak4me at 10:25 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I would love someone to share some of the responsibilities, but I don't think that I would be okay sharing.

He said he doesn't want another b/c he is a one woman man.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:42 PM on May. 19, 2011