Why is it so hard?

Five months we've been trying and five months, nothing. How is it that I want to get pregnant and can't and three of my friends are pregnant on accident? It just seems so unfair. There's a chance I'm not ovulating since that's what happened to my mom, but a fertility doctor won't see us unless we've been trying for at least a year. But idk if I can handle another seven months of disappointment. How long did it take you guys to get pregnant? :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Took me a yr w this pregnancy
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 9:28 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Almost immediately after I married .But I had sex with no bc at the fertile times of the month before I married and never got pregnant then , so you never know your luck !
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:31 PM on May. 19, 2011

• It took me 7 years to have a baby. Want to know when I got pregnant, when I came to terms with myself that I might not ever have a baby. No joke, 1 month later I had a bun in the over. Quit trying, and have fun mattress dancing!
    infmansgirl

Answer by infmansgirl at 9:42 PM on May. 19, 2011

•  

Try to use this ovulation calendar tool http://www.ovulationcalendarsoftware.com/ to trace your cycle and find the date of ovulation.

aromatikas

Answer by aromatikas at 6:16 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Be patient. It can take a normal couple up to a year to get pregnant. I know it's hard waiting but hang in there. It'll happen.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 9:01 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Average couple with no fertility issues can take 18 months to conceive. Five months is really nothing. Relax.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:22 AM on May. 20, 2011

• If you're concerned about ovulation, pick up some opks and start testing. Then you'll know if you are or not. If you aren't some fertility specialist will make an exception to the one year rule. good luck! Sending lots of sticky baby dust your way!

jspencer1014

Answer by jspencer1014 at 10:02 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Only about 50% of healthy couples conceive within the first 4 to 5 months! I know it's so frustrating. The more you worry about it though, the less likely you will be to conceive. Stress is terribly detrimental to your fertility! The very best of luck to you!
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 4:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2011