How old was you girl when she got her first hair cut?

My little girl is 9 months old and she had lots of hair when she was born but now it hangs in her face. I have to either clip it back or put a pony tail in it so she can see. I'm just curious as to how old your little girl was when you first cut her hair. I'm so scared to do it lol.

kvanness0824

Asked by kvanness0824 at 9:35 PM on May. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• my little girl is 3.5 and she hasnt had a hair cut, her hair is curly, no bangs so it doesnt hang in her face etc
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:39 PM on May. 19, 2011

• She is 4 and no haircut yet...but I'm thinking about it.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 9:58 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I caved and got my daughter's bangs cut when she was around a year old, due to pressure from my father. I STILL regret it and she's now 4. She's got a natural part to the side of her hair, just above her left temple, so almost always has hair covering the right side of her face. She doesn't seem to mind. At least, she won't let me put her hair into a pony tail or do other things to keep it out of her face.

Like in this picture, only more in her face. And her hair is actually half-way down her back, not just below he shoulders. Gotta love curls :)

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:00 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My daughter is 2 and hasn't had a hair cut yet. I've contemplated it for the same reasons as you, but I ultimately decided that I'd rather not have bangs because then it's a pain later on if she wants to grow them out. And I'd rather just pull her hair back than have to keep trimming bangs. At least when it's long I can pull it back instead of having to deal with bangs in her eyes or needing to get a trim immediately, you know?

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:07 PM on May. 19, 2011

• my daughter was about 4 before I had her hair cut. And I only cut it to even out the hack job she did to it. She gave herself bangs. Now she is 7 and we've gotten it cut when it gets to about her waist. Much easier to maintain when it is midway between shoulders and waist.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 10:28 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Mine was 18 mos and Daddy trimmed her bangs--he did a bad job and my friend took her to one of her friend's and had them fixed. That lady is now the only person to touch my child's hair. It has to be done about every 2-3 mos or she can't see. She won't leave in clips or ponytails so it has to be this way. Just last week she got her first actual cut at almost 3--where we lost about a 1/4 inch from the bottom which already near her waist.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:37 PM on May. 19, 2011

• She hasn't yet. My boys just got their first hair cuts in Feb. They are 3 & 5 years old. I wouldn't have cut them, but they said they wanted it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:15 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Both my daughters went fo their first haircut a couple months ago and they were 2 and 4. My 4 year old didn't really have any hair til she was about 2.5 and my younger daughters just kept growing. I only cut it though cause I wanted to get all the straggle baby fine ends off of them.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:09 AM on May. 20, 2011

• @Rosehawk your daughter's hair is beautiful!
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:57 PM on May. 20, 2011