Can You Convert Me?

I am agnostic, yet do believe in a higher power. I have prayed to God to open my heart and I'm not sure where he's leading me.

What is it about your religion that gives you faith? If you wanted to convert me, what would you say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would not want to convert you, I do not believe in religion but I do believe in God, have had a personal relationship with him for many years. If you believe in a higher power your heart is already open, take one day at a time and wonder at the beauty around you. God has a master plan for everyone but it is revealed a bit at a time.

Answer by older at 9:41 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I'm a Christian and I'd say that you're on the right track by praying to God to open your heart. My religion doesn't give me faith, though. It's my faith in God that makes me want to "practice" (can't think of a better term..) Christianity. The more I learn about Christ, the more faith I have that he gave his life for us and really loves us.
    Momincollege23

Answer by Momincollege23 at 9:47 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I am a Christian and believe that Jesus died for our sins - what this means for you is that if you choose to accept this as truth then all of your past and future sins are forgiven. Their is amazing grace in what Jesus did for all of us. Since you are already fond of prayer, I would continue to pray, but I would specifically ask that Jesus fill you with the holy spirit and enter your heart, be your best friend and show you the way to live.

I'd be happy to talk to you more about this! God bless!
    KikiPetty

Answer by KikiPetty at 9:49 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I think that you are on the right track and as I have been told my entire life that I cannot convert you to my religion only God can. I will say though that a relationship with Jesus Christ is just that a relationship, it is not a religion in fact like one Christian artist has said "Its more like falling in love, than something to believe in. More like losing my heart than giving my allegiance. . . Its like I'm falling in love"
    MKSmom09

Answer by MKSmom09 at 9:56 PM on May. 19, 2011

• What I have found in my religion is actually that it discourages blind faith. It's a commandment to study, to analyze, to question and to be certain of it, not just have faith. Doing that I've found a lot of wisdom in it and just a clear understanding of the world and life that gives me a lot of peace and puts things in perspective.
    Oh, and I'm an Orthodox Jew.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:10 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I would say...I dont want nor need to convert you. Your path is your own and your heart will lead you to the right place. You will find your peace and joy just dont give up...the journey is part of the process, part of your learning and growing.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:16 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I don't believe in converting people to my way of belief. I believe each of us has to find our own way, and what is my way may not be your way. I believe because that's what my life of study and reflection has led me to. And I believe I have felt God, His love.... But I can't take my experiences or thoughts one what I've taken into consideration and expect someone else to come to the same place. So I would just suggest learning and discussing as much as you can - focus on YOU, what resonates with YOU, what makes sense to YOU. Only you can determine what is right for you. The more you learn and discover, the more you think and discuss, it's just allowing you with more ways to think through your personal feelings, to figure out what your heart and conscience are telling you. The more you dig, the more you'll find, and wherever your path takes you, it's where you're meant to be, as long as you stay true to you!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:20 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Well I would first say that I don't have the power to convert you ... only the Holy Spirit can convert you. However, I would tell you that in order to be converted to Christianity you would need to

a) recognize that you are a sinner, born sinful and in danger of God's wrath b/c of your sin
    b) recognize that you utterly incapable of atoning for that sin and therefore in need of Savior
    c) desire in your heart to turn away from your sin and be made righteous in the site of God.
    d) by the power of the Holy Spirit, be regenerated and turn from a life of sin to a life of sanctification - the process by which you are made like Christ.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 10:26 PM on May. 19, 2011

• We have mead.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:27 PM on May. 19, 2011

• As a Christian my job is to share His love.. it is Holy Spirit's job to convert you.... by wooing you to His Heart.
    I cannot change your mind .. only you can choose to change it by choosing to believe and to follow His heart wherever He leads you. You are already His Creation!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:17 PM on May. 19, 2011