How to cut down on candy?

I've noticed that when I don't eat as much candy I slim down greatly. BUT I can't help it. I've always had snacks and always have a sweet tooth. I eat candy then skip meals because of calories. but how can I get over this mental block and longing for that sweet sweet sugar? :)

triciabc21

Asked by triciabc21 at 9:39 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• ugghh hunny been there. lol... what i did was make dh take all junk food to work with him so i cant just get it. but i left myself 5 lil things i enjoy. now i could just eat it all in one day then have nothing for tomorrow or have 1 snack a day. so i did the 1 a day. and also ate more fruit that i like..kiwi, watermelon, blueberries, strawberries...it worked great.. now i barley snack day and night and lost a few lbs. and cabinets still have goodies but i end up not bothering. best of luck. also if u drink sodas ( which i did..mt dew about 3 cans a day ) i allowed myself 1 a day the rest ice and water ( i love ice ) and for me water has to be freezing cold for me to like it. best of luck :)
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:46 PM on May. 19, 2011

• will power, you can try something like sugar free jello or something for the sweet craving...
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:55 PM on May. 19, 2011

• As an adult I'm not big into candy or sweets in general but I used to drink ALOT of coke, like 8-9 cans a day alot, and I had a thing for other junk foods. But as a woman I do get the sweet cravings just like everyother woman on the planet. I have fould that a semi sweet but healthy ceareal works wonders, I like Special K's fruit & yogurt, and a friend of mine likes Special K's chocolate kind.

There are also many sweets that come in the 100 cal packs now. It's really all about will power. If you dont have the will power to do it then try getting rid of all the temptations in the house and try to avoid triggers (watching tv or movies, or just snacking because you're bored) or try to keep yourself busy while you watch tv or a movie, I use that time to knit or chrochet and things like that. Hope this helps, GL!!!
    musicspeak4me

Answer by musicspeak4me at 10:00 AM on May. 20, 2011

• If you're really craving sugary things you might have a candida problem, which can lead to other health problems. A GI diet might work best for you then. Google candida?
    quiescence

Answer by quiescence at 1:36 PM on May. 20, 2011

• simply eliminate junk food/candy f/ work, home, etc...and get those 100 calorie things...allow yourself one treat a day, it helps curb the candy cravings through out the day when you know you will get something later, and just use self control to only have one :)
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 2:08 PM on May. 20, 2011

• GUM!
    julie.f

Answer by julie.f at 2:43 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Will power and determination starts in the grocery store. You can't eat what you don't buy.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:36 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Too much sugar = cancer food.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 3:45 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Chewing gum helps. Get rid of the candy in your home and in your work area. Pack healthy snacks like fresh cut apples, carrots, pears, etc.

Good luck!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:44 PM on May. 20, 2011