Would YOU enlist in the military?

Why or why not? Even if you had kids? And your SO wasn't already?

SMITxsM2

Asked by SMITxsM2 at 9:43 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I tried. Medical reasons kept it fom happening.
    Anonymous

• No. I am not cut out for that kind of life. I would have panic attack 18 times a day.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:44 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I WAS in the military, did my time and got out. It was great.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:44 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I did enlist but then I had some complications (long story) and had to delay going to basic training. Once those complications were cleared, I was going to enlist and go to basic while hubby was deployed, but then I found out I was pregnant. For me personally, I just couldn't enlist after having a child.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:46 PM on May. 19, 2011

• If DH and I didn't have kids, I'd think about it. He's in the reserves now, so it wouldn't be a great idea for me to join him there. We'd be deployed together, and that's a no-go with kids.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:47 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Why did you decide to join the military?
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on May. 19, 2011

• No. I didn't like the idea of moving every couple years, strict discipline, and plus I am not athletic at all. DH and I are pretty passive and would never want to be involved in combat.

I've known lots of military people, and if my daughter finds that to be her calling as an adult, I'll support her decision.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:49 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Nope. I can hardly stand to be away from my son for a few hours, so I'd be miserable in the military. I think it would be bad for him too. We're incredibly close already and I just couldn't do it. They could offer me millions of dollars and I wouldn't do it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:49 PM on May. 19, 2011

• never, with without kids. My brother and hubby are in the army. I saw them radically change when they came back. Lemme tell you, it's hard to see and I can't imagine how it is to be in their shoes.
    SamJ321

Answer by SamJ321 at 9:50 PM on May. 19, 2011

• No. I am way too sensitive and I would never make it through basic without crying, lol. My husband is in the Army and told me I would make it through and to give it a shot...he then paused and said you can't cry the first time they get in your face and yell though, LOL my husband knows me all too well.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:50 PM on May. 19, 2011