Do you ever have to turn your head...

...and smile when your kid does something that's both bad and funny? My son is 19 months old and will do stuff sometimes that he shouldn't, and I have to keep a straight face while saying a firm "no", only to turn my head and smile where he can't see, lol! Obviously I don't find it funny if it's something dangerous, but the minor stuff sometimes is kinda of humorous. He's so funny and some of his expressions crack me up. Or, when I tell him "no", sometimes he'll say "Mama" in the SWEETEST voice, and give an innocent look, and I just know he's trying to get out of trouble and apologize, lol! :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 9:46 PM on May. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes and it gets harder to hide as they get older.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:48 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Haha mine's only 11 months but i've already accepted the fact that i'll be having to do the same thing. Even now I have to put my hands over my mouth but he's getting too smart for me lol
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 10:06 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Of course! Any parent who says they don't is either lying, or has a stick lodged in their anus. lol.
    .MommieAJ.

Answer by .MommieAJ. at 10:06 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes... a million times already. It is one of my favorite things about being a mom.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:09 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes but it's infurating at the same time!!! I wish in those moments I could be a hard ass but also enjoy the fact that they make me smile. I'm going to post a question asking what your kids do that's trouble but you can't help buy smile or worse laugh! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:43 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I always said my kids would grow up to be comedians because if they crack me up I can't be serious and stern! Humor is a wonderful thing. Thank God our kids know how to make us laugh and break the tension. The world is too serious most of the time.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 6:45 AM on May. 21, 2011