Unique and creative names

Whats wrong with giving your child a unique name(Hope, Promise -which is actually my cousins name, zion,etc)
Or spelling it in a unique way(Cristal,Ashli,myah,robyn,etc)
What makes traditional the right way. And who is anyone on here or anywhere to say that that person with a unique spelling name won't be successful when they get older? My childrens doctor name is Hope Rhodes...best pediatrician I know.

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 9:50 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Baby Names

• who said traditional is the right way?
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 9:52 PM on May. 19, 2011

• because it sucks to have to go thru life explaining to people how to spell your name, or to pronounce it, or that your parents were diiots and thought it would bve cool to name you after a season, a weather event or an animal... and Hope is not an unusual or unique name
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:53 PM on May. 19, 2011

• my little sister's name is woodland so i don't think that at all
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:53 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Nothing wrong with them in principle but some of them are so contrived and awkward. ' Hope ". by the way, is not unusual as as a first name.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:54 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Its a personal thing I think, I like unique names, but I dont like it when they are taken to far.....my sisters name is Hope.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:58 PM on May. 19, 2011

• At Shivasgirl, my name is Tabitha, pretty traditional and i get it mispelled and pronounce wrong all the time! So it's not just the creative ones. I personally like unique names. It beats everyone name being Lynn or Anne or Amanda....not saying theres anything wrong with those names but its ok to be different
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 10:09 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Unique names are great and if you want unique then pick a unique name...not some jacked up spelling. It doesn't make the name "special." It still sounds like the same name. Misspelled names and using masculine names on girls are my naming "pet peeves."

Again, that does not make me anti-unique in anyway. It just means I like truly unique names. I happen to love a lot of names that I fully expect most of the women here would criticize...names that I have dug up from long gone cultures and times in history. But at least if everyone hates the names I like, I don't have to worry about them being popular =)
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 10:10 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Btw hope is an unique...its popular tho
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 10:11 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yea i agree
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 10:12 PM on May. 19, 2011

• :) IT'S NOT WRONG AT ALLL & I'M COMPLETELY OBSESSED WITH UNIQUE NAMES & SPELLINGS !
    & when i make posts on here & ask what people think of certain names i like, just for funn (obviously crazy names & spellings) i moslty get rude remarks about how dumb the name looks or sounds ! & the names really aren't that wierd that i've posted on here (well not to me) but they're just names like - Eisleigh (eye-z-lee), Jaxx, Kynzleigh, Rowynn & Keir ... idk they might even be wierd to you LOL But idk, i know i asked people for their opinion when i post them but they don't have to be rude ... but hey, to each his own.
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 2:06 AM on May. 20, 2011