Did you name your baby before he/she was born?

I had 5 children I only named one before he was born.

Gmama17

Asked by Gmama17 at 9:57 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Baby Names

• I made sure all of my three had names before they arrived.

Answer by older at 9:58 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Before however the day she was born she didn't look like "her name" so we changed it on day 2 after birth
    jdavis20

Answer by jdavis20 at 9:59 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yep...well, his first name. Middle was after. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:59 PM on May. 19, 2011

• We had the names picked out, one ofr a girl and one for a boy, she was a girl.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:59 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Our first was picked out right away, whether it was a boy or girl. For my second we chose his name 2 minutes before I was wheeled out of the room for my C-section.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 10:01 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes, both kids. We always had a girl's name picked out from WAY before we ever were ready to have kids but when I got pregnant w/ my 1st, we picked out a boy's name too. Our 1st was a boy...when we were pregnant w/ our 2nd, we waited until we found out what we were having before discussing names (it was a girl so we already knew her name)
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 10:01 PM on May. 19, 2011

• OMG. I would have gone nuts not knowing the name...daddy sounds more like you though. He doesn't feel rushed for anything.

We are due with our third any day now, and we have known her name since shortly after we found out what she was at 20 weeks. With our first, we didn't know the gender, but I had the names picked out within the first trimester. With the second, we found out what she was, but I already had the names anyway.

Blythe, Esther, and Katherine.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:02 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Just my first, we knew even before I got pregnant that if Ihad a boy, he would be named David in honor of DH's grandfather. I didn't get to meet him, but everyone always speaks of him with a lot of love. he was a very loving and sweet man and what do you know? That's how MY David turned out, LOL.
    With Aaron we actually didn't decide the name until like 10 minutes before his bris. We were between Aaron and Ethan and when we were in the car on the way to my brother's house for the bris I told my DH my boy wasn't an Ethan, that his name was Aaron and DH felt the same way, so Aaron it was!

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:04 PM on May. 19, 2011

• yes, we chose his name before he was born, because we love that name, and it meant a lot for both of us. His name is Osayan, and we named him when I was 4 months pregnant. But I know a lot of people that dont give names before they meet their babies...
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 10:05 PM on May. 19, 2011

• yes. Their first names were picked before DH and I even got married. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:11 PM on May. 19, 2011