How did you prepare for parenting?

Explain some ways you prepared to become a parent before your child was born, whether it was formal or informal preparation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• no prep for me i was confident that i could learn from the things i would encounter and just get better at it i did read that what to expect the first year book but had no use to me because my child was a premie and did not fall into the norm. for a while.

humboldtmama21

Answer by humboldtmama21 at 3:42 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I prepared my life as best as I could. I allowed myself to mature. I allowed myself to finish the bulk of my formal education. I allowed myself to chose the man I would marry and father my children. Actual parenting stuff? I educated myself on breastfeeding. That was about it.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 6:33 PM on Dec. 7, 2008