Are there any differences with your partner concerning child rearing? Why?

princesshareen

Asked by princesshareen at 3:11 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have no idea why we are different but I beleave in being a role model, guiding them, talking to them and discipline. He's the polar oppisite and he thinks because he is older he knows more. Our son is MY 4th kid it is his 2nd. He has a daughter he never raised, she is 23 and wild. I RAISED my 3 girls, on my own, no help from anybody and they are good GOD fearing kids. They don't drink,smoke or do drugs, they say "yes please" and "no thank you". I'm not bragging just making the point that I know what the hell I am doing. He does not. OUR son is going to grow up spoiled and loving his daddy, because his daddy gives him everything and ALLOWS him to be mean,rude and dissrespectful . I don't so I'm the bad parent.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:42 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My dh and I are very different because I was raised by a very overbearing mother and the oldest of 3 and he was the youngest of 6 and had a very laid back mother. We both had SAHM's but they were very different in their approach I tell him that by the time he came along his mom was tired and by the time he was a teen(as our ds is now) she knew that he would just do as he wanted and she already had 5 others become fine adults so the teenage years were a freedom phase. We try to find a balance between the two but quite often butt heads about there that is.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2008