What is your approach to guidance and discipline with your children?

princesshareen

Asked by princesshareen at 3:13 AM on Dec. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• I try not to yell. Its not worth it. I am not too overbearing or strict. We have rules and if the rules are not followed then there are consequences. If they shove their dirty clothes under the bed, instead of putting them in the hamper then I can't wash them and they won't have clean clothes. If they stay up talking for a long time at night then they will be tired in the morning. If they don't put their dishes in the sink I am not washing them and then they can't eat. They don't behave in the store, they don't go next time. We have a regular routine so, they know what to expect most of the time. My children are 6, 4, 3, 2. Oh and if they fight they go sit on their beds.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:58 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I don't believe discipline is good,

I tend to take the unconditional approach. www.unconditionalparenting.com

I try to judge my child by his thoughts as well as behaviors...
    Anonymous