Do you have a habit that you just can't break?

A habit of mine since I was a child has been biting my nails. It's something that I can stop for a while, but somehow retreat back to now and then. It's one of those habits from childhood that I still can't seem to break. How are you?

Frankie64

Asked by Frankie64 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Try making your nails look pretty and then maybe you won't want to bite them. Paint them or get a manicure.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• The only habit I can't break is my SO!!!!!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 9:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I still bite my nails. The only thing that made me stop was when I had acrylic nails. :(
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:30 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I also bite my nails. And I go through periods of having beautiful nails, then I snag one and bite them all off! Right now they are short. lol. Other than that, I don't think I have any other bad "habits" except smoking. That's the worst one of all!!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I probably do.. but I will have to ask my husband.. I haven't noticed..
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Yep, I bite my nails too. My mom & grandma try to give me a hard time about it all the time b/c they have BEAUTIFUL real nails... but I tell them "tough"... I don't smoke or anything else, so let me chew!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I'm a closet smoker. My DH and my best friend are the only ones who know I smoke. I smoke outside and will not smoke in public. I don't like for anyone to see me. Been trying to quit.
    zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I've smoked since I was 14. By the time I understood it was bad for me...I was already addicted. I quit during 3 pregnancies. I quit for 3 yrs once, and 8 years another time. I keep going back. This is anonymous 'cuz I ca't stand the b*tch bites up and down my back.
    Anonymous

• ditto to drowninginboys
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 6:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Smoking would be my worst habit. I have attempted several times to quit but I am a goner. Even though I know how terrible it is for me and all the health risks, I still can't get past the withdrawal.
    bramlettljb

Answer by bramlettljb at 4:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2008