My husband and I share An older car , Is it selfish of us that we want my inlaws to travel

to us? save miles on our only car we have that needs to be treated like a baby. bc who knows when we will get another car. lnlaws have newer cars, do you think its reasonable to expect for them to come to us?.. we are 45 min away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on May. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• 45 minutes is what 45 miles? so 90 round trip? That doesn't seem to far for them to drive...on the other hand how often do you all get together? 90 miles is not that far after all.
    BetcCarter

Answer by BetcCarter at 10:30 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I think if you expect them to travel to you EVERYTIME, then yes it's selfish.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:31 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I don't think that's a bad thing... it's easier to travel if you are the one without a child too!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:31 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I dont knw how many miles . but around a 45 min drive each way
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:37 PM on May. 19, 2011

• If you expect them to drive to you then you should be buying them gas cards.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:39 PM on May. 19, 2011

• GAS CARDS I Dont think so.. They make 7 grand plus a month.. we make 2500 . I DONT THINK SO!! Hahahahahahaha
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:41 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I think with everything considered, you are not being selfish.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:57 PM on May. 19, 2011

• They make more money, they have newer cars, they don't have a young child (or children) to drag around...yeah, I don't see it as unreasonable for you to ask them to visit. Its only a 45 min drive, afterall. Shoot, if either set of our parents lived that close, we'd have visitors every single weekend.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:14 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Doesn't seem to be selfish.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:37 PM on May. 20, 2011